Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

I sit here writing this post from work. But thanks to an oh so sweet coworker, I was able to come in a little late so I was able to attend a candlelight service at church, eat dinner with the fam, tuck in Hannah, and set up Santa!
No matter how long you work in the healthcare field, it still just stinks working in holidays...especially Christmas. But the thing is when you get here, it's all ok because it could be worse. I could be a parent here with my sick child, but I'm not. I'm so thankful for that. And I pray for the many children that are spending this Christmas in the hospital. I'll be home for Christmas morning...minus a nights sleep. Not such a big deal in the realm of things.
I love my job, even more so, I love my hospital. I have proudly called Cook Children's my workplace...my second home...for the last 9 and a half years. I started out as a phlebotomist, then a nurse tech, then a RN, and now a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. I.love.it. I'm still adjusting to my new role, but I wouldn't change anything and I'm so thankful for my job. I rarely drive by the front anymore, as the parking garage is on the side, but tonight I did. And the lights this year are incredible! My iPhone does no justice for just how pretty it is. They really put on a show here.
And lastly I can't help but think of our little one in Russia...my niece was tracking Santa earlier and he just happened to appear over Russia at that time...she said he was delivering presents to her new cousin. Sniff...sniff Please Lord continue watching over our little one as you know who and where he is. I pray he is safe and loved. We'll be coming for you as soon as we can! Next Christmas is going to be so special. Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. My friend just arrived at the children's hospital in Houston. Her son gets his bone marrow transplant mid January. I think God everyday for my daughter's health. You are very lucky to work at such a wonderful place! Thank you for all that you do! We as parents appreciate the love and passion you have for your job! Hope you guys have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...those lights on the hospital are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete